- This event has passed.
Daffodil Festival Grand Floral Parade
April 11, 2015 at 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
When the hops blight eliminated the Valley’s hops industry overnight in the 1890s, some farmers chose to grow rhubarb, some chose daffodils, and others grew both. Now, it’s time to Ready, Set, Grow with the Daffodil Festival’s 81st year! Born in Sumner at a garden party in the Orton house, the Daffodil Festival joins Sumner with Tacoma, Puyallup and Orting for the longest floral parade route in America. Come watch the parade in Downtown Sumner, one of the cutest cities on the route (we’re a bit biased) as the parade goes right down Main Street from Cherry Street to Lewis.
A few safety tips from Sumner Police:
- When you park, please keep all driveways and alleys clear.
- Lock your car and remove all valuables.
- Please ensure that children do not run onto Main Street while the parade is underway.
A few more fun ideas:
- Come early for lunch in Sumner (perhaps a slice of rhubarb pie?)
- Check out the stores for great gifts for yourself and friends. There are some new stores in Sumner, worth taking a look. Want some flowers of your own? Visit Van Lierop’s Garden Market, McLendon Hardware, Windmill Gardens, Fred Meyer, or Woodland Park Nursery to start your own garden!